【每日國際選讀】
#文末挑戰多益選擇題📝
Farewell Lee Teng-hui
告別前總統李登輝
開啟「接收通知」和「搶先看」每天吸收雙語時事新知
來讀華爾街日報獨家
Lee Teng-hui may be remembered as "Mr. Democracy," as some journalists have labeled him, but a better moniker would be "Mr. Taiwan Identity."
人們對李登輝先生的印象或許是一些記者為他貼上的標籤「民主先生」,但更好的稱呼會是「台灣身份先生」
-democracy: 民主;民主思想;民主政體;民主國家
-moniker: 綽號、稱號
-identity: 身份;特性
The real father of Taiwan's democratic transition was the late President Chiang Ching-kuo, who released political prisoners and allowed opposition politicians to contest elections beginning in 1980. Mr. Lee continued the process, to his credit, but his main contribution was to accomplish the "Taiwanization" of the KMT and the government, and to lead the Taiwanese people in a search for their own identity.
台灣真正的民主轉型之父是已故的蔣經國總統,他從1980年開始釋放政治犯,並允許對立的政客參與選舉。而李先生繼續這段轉型過程也功不可沒,但他的主要貢獻是完成國民黨與政府的「台灣化」,以及帶領台灣人民找尋自己的身份認同。
-political prisoner: 政治犯
-to his credit: 形容某人配受讚譽和尊重,實至名歸
-contribution: 貢獻;捐款
Mr. Lee epitomizes the contradictions of being Taiwanese. When he was born the island was Japanese territory, and as a result he speaks Japanese more fluently than Mandarin. He understood the confused identity of an ethnically and culturally Chinese people separated from their compatriots by a very different history.
李先生是身為台灣人的矛盾之縮影。當他出生時,該島是日本領土,因此他說日語比講中文更流利。他理解這群在種族與文化上屬於華人,但因著極為不同的歷史而跟同胞分離所導致的身份困惑。
-epitomize: 成為...的典範、典型或縮影
-contradiction: 矛盾
-compatriot: 同胞
For the Japanese occupation was quickly followed by a Chinese occupation that was even more brutal. When the young Lee Teng-hui was a college student in Taipei during the white terror of 1947, he was interrogated for several days by the nationalist security forces for having attended an underground study group.
因爲在日本佔領後,緊接著國民黨政府的接管更為激烈。在1947年的白色恐怖時期,年輕的李登輝還是大學生,他因參加地下讀書會而被國民黨維安部隊審問了好幾天。
-occupation: 佔領、佔據
-white terror: 白色恐怖
-interrogate: 詢問、審問
未完待續...
李登輝如何成為台灣首位民選總統?
加入文末每日國際選讀計畫,解鎖完整語音導讀版
——
原文連結請看留言
——
❓❓多益模擬題❓
Lee Teng-hui was labeled "Mr. __" for his great __ to his country.
🙋♀️🙋♂️
A. Democracy / contributions
B. Taiwan Identity / contribute
C. Taiwanization / contributor
-
【每日商業英文計畫,熱烈招生中!】
華爾街日報訂閱超值方案 📰
專屬 #臉書社團,浩爾 #每日語音導讀
「留言+1」,就送你 #優惠碼 及 #導讀試聽!
280days出生後 在 吳祥輝 Brian Wu Facebook 的最讚貼文
勇士,願意為價值而戰的人。
----「勇士的國土」自序
如果首部曲「磅礡美國」寫的是果,二部曲「勇士的國土」寫的就是因。創造源於自由,自由因於勇敢。「磅礡美國」描述現代美國的創造性和自由。「勇士的國土」主訴的是美國開國前兩百年中,勇敢追求自由的故事。
這本書的寫作過程和敘事情境和過去大不同。以往是原創的多,這次是改寫和摘譯的多。古人古事無法採訪當事人和現場,只能採訪二手或更多手的歷史和公開資料。取捨總是很難,選擇決定一切,價值決定選擇。從閱讀的上百萬字裡,順著旅程,選擇對台灣可能最有價值的相關片段,改寫成容易順暢閱讀的故事,順便引導讀者領略一些美國的現代風光。這就是作者唯一的「原創立場」。
「勇士的國土」開場於一七六〇到一七七〇年代一系列的「不可容忍法案」。英國的經濟打壓,激起美國的獨立革命。歷經憲法制定,第二次獨立戰爭,政黨創立重組,南北戰爭,廢除奴隸制度,實施種族隔離政策,結束在一九六〇年代黑人民權和公民權運動。兩百年的外抗強權,內爭民權,稱霸世界。期間的國土擴張,在「磅礡美國」第二十八章「老鷹變大象的故事」已有敘述,這本書就不再重複。
「哪裏有自由,那裡就是我的國家。」如果富蘭克林的這句話,對今天的台灣人和中國人依然有明確的激勵性和警覺性,那麼這兩百年的美國故事,自然能顯現跨越時空的現代價值。「國會為尊,議會為大」「政府要能自己控制自己」「避免少數人擁有太多的權力」的美國憲法精神,如果能對台灣人的統獨議題和正名制憲,激盪出更深層的憲法哲學和原創性討論,那就是這本書可能的最大價值。
勇士或許不來自戰場。上了戰場就是為了殺敵活命。勇士是願意為價值而上戰場的人。沒有各地民兵拿槍而起,就沒有美國獨立戰爭的開場。沒有華盛頓的「裸體軍團」,以小博大,以弱擊強,永不放棄,美國獨立戰爭恐怕只有預告片,不會有下集待續和完結篇。
勇士的奮戰,也在憲法戰場。理念的爭辯,爭辯,再爭辯。事關利益,能妥協就妥協。事關價值,不能妥協就不惜分裂。美國憲法以及民主黨和共和黨的創立,處處都是勇士的聲音和足跡。
南北戰爭是美國史上最血腥的一頁。死傷的人數超過美國兩百四十年來所有戰爭的總和。「這個戰爭的大天譴,是國家必須為百年加諸黑人的不平等待遇,付出的代價。」這是林肯所做的最終詮釋。
獨立戰爭和南北戰爭都是北方打向南方。黑人民權和公民權運動是南方發難,擴及全國。金恩博士領導非暴力抗爭,家裏,教堂,旅行住宿的汽車旅館被白人射擊,丟炸彈。「告訴蒙哥馬利,他們可以繼續射擊,我將和他們繼續對抗。告訴蒙哥馬利,他們可以繼續丟炸彈,我將繼續和他們對抗。」這是他的答覆。
「勇士的國土」的旅程就結束在阿拉巴馬州的首府蒙哥馬利。旅程北到紐約,一路往南。紐澤西,賓夕法尼亞,德拉瓦,馬里蘭,維吉尼亞,北卡羅來納,南卡羅來納,喬治亞,轉進不臨大西洋的阿拉巴馬。紐約以北的新英格蘭地區,雖是這兩百年故事的起點,卻是本土四十八州旅行的最後階段,因此,只有歷史故事,沒有現代場景和風情。這部分等待最終曲再補充。
「國家書寫」系列,從二〇〇五年旅行芬蘭,首部曲「芬蘭驚艷」二〇〇六年出版後,歷經「驚歎愛爾蘭」「驚喜挪威」的歐洲三部曲。接著進入第二個五年計畫,父子三部曲,「告別中國」「惜別日本」「離別韓國」。美國三部曲是第三個五年計畫,「磅礡美國」「勇士的國土」,以及還不知名的最終曲。長達十五年持續的國際寫作旅行計畫就將在今年,二〇一九年完成。
旅行是記憶的釋放,寫作是作家自我探索,重新思考的過程。這卻只是一本書旅程的開始。出版,發行,閱讀,影響或沒影響,才是書旅的全部。幸運的是,作家的旅行寫作已經結束,書的旅程仍然持續進行著。這種共鳴或許暗示著台灣人對改變的渴望。真正的改變不會來自觀念或政策的移植或抄襲,而是來自本質性的理解,在實踐中創造出自己的新本體。
過去的十五年,正當世界巨變的時刻。科技再興,從電腦到網路,人工效率到人工智慧。中國崛起到可能崩潰的前夕。美國從地中海到波斯灣,再到南海和太平洋。美中關係從戰略夥伴,變成戰略對手。美中台隱而未明的「一中一台」政策,逐步公開出場,甚至面臨攤牌。台灣人習慣於用自己的歷史和現實看世界,或許,從文明的歷史,全球戰略格局和普世價值中才能更了解自己。
台灣產官學的領導菁英幾乎都是留學美國,或只是讀美國知識,但是,在實踐中,卻往往和美國價值背道而馳。希望「勇士的國土」能夠展現更明確的美國價值高度。美國的歷史不獨屬於美國。她是近代殖民地獨立成功的第一個,也是現代化民主的先驅,影響著全球的殖民地獨立,和政體的變化。儘管不夠美好,美國仍是世界的民主燈塔。中國共產黨的存在,或許更能彰顯美國不完美的偉大。
十五年匆匆已過。從兒子們的「小時候」,寫到現在孫子出生上學時。年紀難以改變個性和價值觀,改變的是心境。寫作的敘事情境中,彷彿面對年輕人的熱情,已漸淡漸遠。國家書寫的三個五年國際寫作旅行計畫,今年就當完成和結束。如果想說的十五年還說不完,那還真是囉唆。已經開始想像的是,如果有個小孫女,我會為她說個什麼故事?
要感謝的人很多,知名的不知名的。讀者是作家最大的財富,感謝許多讀者長期的支持,這種高成本的寫作方式才能繼續維持。這本書要特別感謝的是美國史學家亞瑟史列辛格(Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.)和鹿橋出版公司,以及許多位美國史學家。史列辛格有許多美國史著作,一九四六年「傑克遜時代」(The Age of Jackson)和一九六六年「自傳—一千天」(Biography- A Thousand Days)兩度獲得普立茲獎(史學類)。
史列辛格主編的一套一百五十本政治巨人傳記,中文版由鹿橋出版。這是我長年閱讀世界政治的基本讀物。「勇士的國土」敘述的故事,大部分就是改寫和摘要自這系列傳記。特別是引述的部分,由於不知原文,不敢改寫,完全如書照錄。也由於說故事不像做學術研究,如果到處是註,恐怕難以閱讀。更因為,「勇士的國土」的一段故事,可能並不單獨來自某本書,而是來自幾本書的綜合。舉例說,寫獨立戰爭,至少要讀美國的前五位總統的傳記:華盛頓,亞當斯,傑佛遜,麥迪遜和門羅。一次又一次地相互比對,融合,才能貫通。寫美國憲法還要把參加憲法會議的五十五個人的背景都Google清楚。
另外要感謝的是美國各個歷史景點所發行和販賣的簡介。「勇士的國土」的一部分故事,就摘譯改寫自這些資料。當編譯的角色成分,比當作家的可能更多。這是要特別感謝和致歉的,也向讀者特別說明清楚。
史列辛格在他一九七三年的「帝王總統」(The Imperial Presidency)書中,提出兩個主要論點。一是美國的總統都失控,二是美國的總統都超越憲法的限制。或許這正印證美國立憲的國父們的憂慮,也幸好有這部基於對政治人物不信任的前提,所產生的憲法,才使得絕對的權力,受到節制和制約。
新時代的開創,都來自於政治不正確的勇士們。這是「勇士的國土」可以有的詮釋。溫和是四季如春的台灣人本質,軟弱是歷代外來統治者高壓加工後的台灣菁英特色。希望您會喜歡「勇士的國土」。
二〇一九年,二月。台北,台灣。
280days出生後 在 鄭喬予 Facebook 的最讚貼文
颱風 大風大雨
無法出門 可以在家幹嘛呢?
來學個英文吧!
#颱風
#實用的444句
#英文
1. I see.我明白了
2. I quit! 我不干了!
3. Let go! 放手!
4. Me too.我也是。
5. My god! 天哪!
6. No way! 不行!
7. Come on.來吧(趕快)
8. Hold on.等一等。
9. I agree。我同意。
10. Not bad.還不錯。
11. Not yet.還沒。
12. See you.再見。
13. Shut up! 閉嘴!
14. So long.再見。
15. Why not? 好呀! (為什麼不呢?)
16. Allow me.讓我來。
17. Be quiet! 安靜點!
18. Cheer up! 振作起來!
19. Good job! 做得好!
20. Have fun! 玩得開心!
21. How much? 多少錢?
22. I'm full.我飽了。
23. I'm home.我回來了。
24. I'm lost.我迷路了。
25. My treat.我請客。
26. So do I.我也一樣。
27. This way。這邊請。
28. After you.您先。
29. Bless you! 祝福你!
30. Follow me.跟我來。
31. Forget it! 休想! (算了!)
32. Good luck! 祝好運!
33. I decline! 我拒絕!
34. I promise.我保證。
35. Of course! 當然了!
36. Slow down! 慢點!
37. Take care! 保重!
38. They hurt. (傷口)疼。
39. Try again.再試試。
40. Watch out! 當心。
41. What's up? 有什麼事嗎?
42. Be careful! 注意!
43. Bottoms up! 乾杯(見底)!
44. Don't move! 不許動!
45. Guess what? 猜猜看?
46. I doubt it 我懷疑。
47. I think so.我也這麼想。
48. I'm single.我是單身貴族。
49. Keep it up! 堅持下去!
50. Let me see.讓我想想。
51. Never mind.不要緊。
52. No problem! 沒問題!
53. That's all! 就這樣!
54. Time is up.時間快到了。
55. What's new? 有什麼新鮮事嗎?
56. Count me on 算上我。
57. Don't worry.別擔心。
58. Feel better? 好點了嗎?
59. I love you! 我愛你!
60. I'm his fan。我是他的影迷。
61. Is it yours? 這是你的嗎?
62. That's neat.這很好。
63. Are you sure? 你肯定嗎?
64. Do l have to 非做不可嗎?
65. He is my age.他和我同歲。
66. Here you are.給你。
67. No one knows . 沒有人知道。
68. Take it easy.別緊張。
69. What a pity! 太遺憾了!
70. Any thing else? 還要別的嗎?
71. To be careful! 一定要小心!
72. Do me a favor? 幫個忙,好嗎?
73. Help yourself.別客氣。
74. I'm on a diet.我在節食。
75. Keep in Touch.保持聯絡。
76. Time is money.時間就是金錢。
77. Who's calling? 是哪一位?
78. You did right.你做得對。
79. You set me up! 你出賣我!
80. Can I help you? 我能幫你嗎?
81. Enjoy yourself! 祝你玩得開心!
82. Excuse me,Sir.先生,對不起。
83. Give me a hand! 幫幫我!
84. How's it going? 怎麼樣?
85. I have no idea.我沒有頭緒。
86. I just made it! 我做到了!
87. I'll see to it 我會留意的。
88. I'm in a hurry! 我在趕時間!
89. It's her field.這是她的本行。
90. It's up to you.由你決定。
91. Just wonderful! 簡直太棒了!
92. What about you? 你呢?
93. You owe me one.你欠我一個人情。
94. You're welcome.不客氣。
95. Any day will do.哪一天都行夕
96. Are you kidding? 你在開玩笑吧!
97. Congratulations! 祝賀你!
98. T can't help it. 我情不自禁。
99. I don't mean it. 我不是故意的。
100. I'll fix you Up.我會幫你打點的
101. It sounds great!.聽起來很不錯。
102. It's a fine day。今天是個好天。
103. So far,So good.目前還不錯。
104. What time is it? 幾點了?
105. You can make it! 你能做到!
106. Control yourself! 克制一下!
107. He came by train.他乘火車來。
108. He is ill in bed.他臥病在床。
109. He lacks courage.他缺乏勇氣。
110. How's everything? 一切還好吧?
111. I have no choice.我別無選擇。
112. I like ice-cream.我喜歡吃冰淇淋。
113. I love this game.我鍾愛這項運動。
114. I'll try my best.我盡力而為。
115. I'm On your side.我全力支持你。
116. Long time no see! 好久不見!
117. No pain,no gain.不勞無獲。
118. Well,it depends 噢,這得看情況。
119. We're all for it.我們全都同意。
120. What a good deal! 真便宜!
121. What should I do? 我該怎麼辦?
122. You asked for it! 你自討苦吃!
123. You have my word.我保證。
124. Believe it or not! 信不信由你!
125. Don't count on me.別指望我。
126. Don't fall for it! 別上當!
127. Don't let me down.別讓我失望。
128. Easy come easy go.來得容易,去得快。
129. I beg your pardon.請你原諒。
130. I beg your pardon? 請您再說一遍(我沒有聽清)。
131. I'll be back soon.我馬上回來。
132. I'll check it out.我去查查看。
133. It’s a long story.說來話長。
134. It’s Sunday today.今天是星期天。
135. Just wait and see! 等著瞧!
136. Make up your mind.做個決定吧。
137. That's all I need.我就要這些。
138. The view is great.景色多麼漂亮!
139. The wall has ears.隔牆有耳。
140. There comes a bus.汽車來了。
141. What day is today? 今天星期幾?
142. What do you think? 你怎麼認為?
143. Who told you that? 誰告訴你的?
144. Who's kicking off? 現在是誰在開球?
145. Yes,I suppose So.是的,我也這麼認為。
146. You can't miss it 你一定能找到的。
147. Any messages for me? 有我的留言嗎?
148. Don't be so modest.別謙虛了。
149. Don't give me that! 少來這套!
150. He is a smart boy.他是個小機靈鬼。
151. He is just a child.他只是個孩子。
152. I can't follow you.我不懂你說的。
153. I felt sort of ill. 我感覺有點不適。
154. I have a good idea! 我有一個好主意。
155. It is growing cool.天氣漸漸涼爽起來。
156. It seems all right.看來這沒問題。
157. It's going too far.太離譜了。
158. May I use your pen? 我可以用你的筆嗎?
159. She had a bad cold.她患了重感冒。
160. That's a good idea.這個主意真不錯。
161. The answer is zero.白忙了。
162. What does she like? 她喜歡什麼?
163. As soon as possible! 越快越好!
164. He can hardly speak.他幾乎說不出話來。
165. He always talks big.他總是吹牛。
166. He won an election.他在選舉中獲勝。
167. I am a football fan.我是個足球迷。
168. If only I could fly.要是我能飛就好了。
169. I'll be right there.我馬上就到。
170. I'll see you at six.我六點鐘見你。
171. IS it true or false? 這是對的還是錯的?
172. Just read it for me.就讀給我聽好了。
173. Knowledge is power.知識就是力量。
174. Move out of my way! 讓開!
175. Time is running out.沒時間了。
176. We are good friends.我們是好朋友。
177. What's your trouble? 你哪兒不舒服?
178. You did fairly well! 你幹得相當不錯1
179. Clothes make the man.人要衣裝。
180. Did you miss the bus? 你錯過公共汽車了?
181. Don't lose your head。不要驚慌失措。
182. He can't take a joke.他開不得玩笑。
183. He owes my uncle $100.他欠我叔叔100美元。
184. How are things going? 事情進展得怎樣?
185. How are you recently? 最近怎麼樣?
186. I know all about it.我知道有關它的一切。
187. It really takes time.這樣太耽誤時間了。
188. It's against the law.這是違法的。
189. Love me,love my dog. (諺語)愛屋及烏。
190. My mouth is watering.我要流口水了。
191. Speak louder,please.說話請大聲點兒。
192. This boy has no job.這個男孩沒有工作。
193. This house is my own.這所房子是我自己的。
194. What happened to you? 你怎麼了?
195. You are just in time. 你來得正是時候。
196. You need to workout.你需要去運動鍛煉一下。
197. Your hand feels cold.你的手摸起來很冷。 。
198. Don't be so childish. 別這麼孩子氣。
199. Don't trust to chance! 不要碰運氣。
200. Fasten your seat belt.係好你的安全帶。
201. He has a large income. 他有很高的收入。
202. He looks very healthy.他看來很健康。
203. He paused for a reply.他停下來等著·回答。
204. He repaired his house.他修理了他的房子。
205. He suggested a picnic. 他建議搞一次野餐。
206. Here's a gift for you.這裡有個禮物送給你。
207. How much does it cost? 多少錢?
208. I caught the last bus. 我趕上了最後一班車。
209. I could hardly speak.我簡直說不出話來。
210. I'll have to try that.我得試試這麼做。
211. I'm very proud of you.我為你感到非常驕傲。
212. It doesn't make sense. 這沒有意義(不合常理)。
213. Make yourself at home.請不要拘禮。
214. My car needs washing.我的車需要洗一洗。
215. None of your business! 與你無關!
216. Not a sound was heard. 一點聲音也沒有。
217. That's always the case.習以為常了。
218. The road divides here. 這條路在這里分岔。
219. Those are watermelons.那些是西瓜。
220. What a nice day it is! 今天天氣真好!
221. What's wrong with you? 你哪裡不對勁?
222. You are a chicken.你是個膽小鬼。
223. A lovely day,isn't it? 好天氣,是嗎?
224. He is collecting money.他在籌集資金。
225. He was born in New York.他出生在紐約。
226. He was not a bit tired.他一點也不累。
227. I will be more careful.我會小心一些的,
228. I will never forget it.我會記著的。
229. It is Just what I need.這正是我所需要的。
230. It rather surprised me.那事使我頗感驚訝。
231. Just around the comer.就在附近。
232. Just for entertainment.只是為了消遣一下。
233. Let bygones be bygones.過去的,就讓它過去吧。
234. Mother doesn't make up.媽媽不化妝。
235. Oh,you are kidding me.哦,你別拿我開玩笑了。
236. She has been to school. 她上學去了。
237. Skating is interesting.滑冰很有趣。
238. Supper is ready at six.晚餐六點鐘就好了。
239. That's a terrific idea! 真是好主意!
240. What horrible weather! 這鬼天氣!
241. Which would you prefer? 你要選哪個?
242. Does she like ice-cream? 她喜歡吃冰淇淋嗎?
243. First come first served.先到先得。
244. Great minds think alike.英雄所見略同。
245. He has a sense of humor.他有幽默感。
246. He is acting an old man.他正扮演一個老人。
247. He is looking for a job.他正在找工作。
248. He doesn't care about me.他並不在乎我。
249. I develop films myself.我自己沖洗照片。
250. I felt no regret for it.對這件事我不覺得後悔。
251. I get up at six o'clock.我六點起床。
252. I meet the boss himself.我見到了老闆本人。
253. I owe you for my dinner. 我欠你晚餐的錢。
254. I really enjoyed myself.我玩得很開心。
255. I'm fed up with my work! 我對工作煩死了!
256. It's no use complaining. 發牢騷沒什麼用。
257. She's under the weather.她心情·不好。
258. The child sobbed sadly.小孩傷心地抽泣著。
259. The rumor had no basis.那謠言沒有·根據。
260. They praised him highly.他們大大地表揚了他。
261. Winter is a cold season. 冬天是一個,寒冷的季節。
262. You can call me any time.你可以隨時打電話給我。
263. 15 divided by3 equals 5. 15除以3等於5。
264. All for one,one for all.我為人人,人人為我。
265. East,west,home is best.金窩,銀窩,不如自己的草窩。
266. He grasped both my hands. 他緊握住我的雙手。
267. He is physically mature.他身體己發育成熟。
268. I am so sorry about this. 對此我非常抱歉(遺憾)。
269. I can't afford a new car.我買不起一部新車。
270. I do want to see him now.我現在確實很想去見他。
271. I have the right to know. 我有權知道。
272. I heard some one laughing. 我聽見有人在笑。
273. I suppose you dance much.我想你常常跳舞吧。
274. I walked across the park.我穿過了公園。
275. I'll just play it by ear.我到時隨機應變。
276. I'm not sure I can do it.恐怕這事我幹不了。
277. I'm not used to drinking.我不習慣喝酒。
278. Is the cut still painful? 傷口還在痛嗎?
279. It's too good to be true! 好得難以置信。
280. Jean is a blue-eyed girl.珍是個藍眼睛的女孩。
281. Let's not waste our time.咱們別浪費時間了。
282. May I ask some questions? 我可以問幾個問題嗎?
283. Money is not everything.金錢不是一切。
284. Neither of the men spoke.兩個人都沒說過話。
285. Stop making such a noise.別吵了。
286. That makes no difference.沒什麼區別。
287. The price is reasonable.價格還算合理。
288. They crowned him king.他們擁立他為國王。
289. They're in red and white. 他們穿著紅白相間的衣服。
290. We all desire happiness. 我們都想要幸福。
291. We just caught the plane 我們剛好趕上了飛機。
292. What shall we do tonight? 我們今天晚上去干點兒什麼呢?
293. What's your goal in life 你的人生目標是什麼?
294. When was the house built? 這幢房子是什麼時候建造的?
295. Why did you stay at home? 為什麼呆在家裡?
296. Would you like some help? 需要幫忙嗎?
297. You mustn't aim too high 你不可好高騖遠。
298. You're really killing me! 真是笑死我了!
299. You've got a point there.你說得挺有道理的。
300. Bein301. Did you enter the contest? 你參加比賽了嗎?
302. Do you accept credit cards? 你們收信用卡嗎?
303. Don't cry over spilt milk.不要做無益的後悔。
304. Don't let chances pass by.不要讓機遇從我們身邊溜走。
305. He owned himself defeated.他承認自己失敗了。
306. He seems at little nervous.他顯得有點緊張。
307. He strolls about the town.他在鎮上四處遛達。
308. Her tooth ached all night. 她牙疼了一整夜。
309. How about a drink tonight? 今晚喝一杯怎樣?
310. I can do nothing but that. 我只會做那件事。
311. I get hold of you at last.我終於找到你了。
312. I have a surprise for you.我有一個意想不到的東西給你看。
313. I like all kinds of fruit.我喜歡各種各樣的水果。
314. I saw it with my own eyes.我親眼所見。
315. I will arrange everything.我會安排一切的。
316. I wish I knew my neighbor.我很想認識我的鄰居。
317. I would like to check out.我想結帳。
318. It has be come much cooler.天氣變得涼爽多了。
319. It's time you went to bed.你早就該睡覺了。
320. No spitting on the street.禁止在大街上吐痰。
321. She was totally exhausted.她累垮了。
322. Show your tickets,please.請出示你的票。
323. Thank you for your advice.謝謝你的建議。
324. That's the latest fashion.這是最流行的款式。
325. The train arrived on time.火車準時到達。
326. There go the house lights.劇院的燈光滅了。
327. They are paid by the hour.他們按時取酬。
328. Things are getting better.情況正在好轉。
329. Wake me up at five thirty.請在五點半叫醒我。
330. We are all busy with work.我們都忙於工作。
331. Where do you want to meet? 你想在哪兒見面?
332. You can get what you want.你能得到你想要的。
333. A barking dog doesn't bite! 吠犬不咬人。
334. Are you free this Saturday? 你這個星期六有空嗎?
335. Be careful not to fall ill.注意不要生病了。
336. Being a mother is not easy.做一個母親是不容易的。
337. Brevity is the soul of wit.簡潔是智慧的精華。
338. Cancer is a deadly disease.癌症是一種致命的疾病。
339. Did you fight with others? 你又和別人打架了嗎?
340. Don't dream away your time.不要虛度光陰。
341. Don't keep me waiting long.不要讓我等得太久。
342. He has a remarkable memory.他有驚人的記憶力。
343. He has completed the task.他完成了這個任務。
344. He has quite a few friends.他有不少的朋友。
345. He is capable of any crime.他什麼樣的壞事都能幹得出來。
346. He walks with a quick pace.他快步走路。
347. He was not a little tired.他很累。
348. His looks are always funny.他的樣子總是滑稽可笑。
349. How about going to a movie? 去看場電影怎麼樣?
350. I think I've caught a cold.我想我得了感冒。
351. I was taking care of Sally. 我在照顧薩莉。
352. I wish I lived in NEWYORK.我希望住在紐約。
353. I'm very glad to hear that.很高興聽你這樣說。
354. I'm your lucky fellow then. 我就是你的幸運舞伴啦!
355. It's none of your business! 這不關你的事兒!
356. No littering on the campus.在校園內不准亂丟廢物。
357. She is a good-looking girl. 她是一個漂亮女孩。
358. She mended the broken doll.她修補了破了的洋娃娃。
359. So I just take what I want.那麼我只拿我所需要的東西。
360. Spring is a pretty season, 春天是一個好季節。
361. The figure seems all Right.數目看起來是對的。
362. The stars are too far away.星星太遙遠了。
363. The whole world knows that.全世界都知道。
364. Tomorrow will be a holiday.明天放假。
365. We walk on the garden path.我們走在花園小徑上。
366. What you need is just rest.你需要的就是休息。
367. What's your favorite steps? 你最喜歡跳什麼舞?
368. You'd better let her alone.你們最好是讓她一個人呆會兒。
369. A lost chance never returns.錯過的機會永不再來。
370. Don't let this get you down.不要為此灰心喪氣。
371. He shot the lion with a gun. 他用槍把獅子打死了。
372. I don't think you are right.我認為你是不對的。
373. I have never seen the movie.我從未看過那部電影。
374. I haven't seen you for ages.我好久沒見到你了。
375. I was alone,but not lonely.我獨自一人,但並不覺得寂寞。
376. I went there three days ago.我三天前去過那兒。
377. It's a friendly competition.這是一場友誼賽。
378. It's very thoughtful of you.你想得真周到。
379. May I speak to Lora,please? 我能和勞拉說話嗎?
380. Mr.Wang is fixing his bike.王先生在修他的自行車。
381. My brother is seeking a job.我弟弟正在找工作。
382. Nancy will retire next year.南希明年就退休了。
383. Neither you nor he is wrong.你沒錯,他也沒錯。
384. Opportunity knocks but once.機不可失,時不再來。
385. She dressed herself hastily.她匆忙穿上衣服。
386. She hired a car by the hour.她租了一輛按鐘點計費的汽車。
387. Someone is ringing the bell.有人在按門鈴。
388. The Smiths are my neighbors. 史密斯一家是我的鄰居。
389. These shoes don't fit right.這雙鞋不太合適。
390. This is only the first half.這才是上半場呢。
391. This pen doesn't write well.這鋼筆不好寫。
392. Would you like a cup of tea? 你想喝杯茶嗎?
393. You really look sharp today.你今天真漂亮。
394. Another cat came to my house.又有一隻貓來到我家了。
395. Check your answers with mine.把你的答案跟我的核對一下。
396. Don't keep the truth from me.別瞞著我事實真相。
397. Everything has its beginning.凡事都有開端。
398. He came to the point at once.他一下子就說到了點子上。
399. He fell behind with his work.他工作落後了。
400. He is the happiest man alive. 他是世界上最快樂的人g criticized is awful! 被人批評真是痛苦
401. He neither smokes nor drinks.他既不抽煙也不喝酒。
402. He ran his horse up the hill.他策馬跑上小山。
403. He reminds me of his brother. 他使我想起了他的弟弟。
404. He was efficient in his work.他工作效率高。
405. He will do anything but work.只要不是乾活,他幹什麼都行。
406. His father runs a restaurant.他的父親經營一家餐館。
407. I have something to tell you.我有事要告訴你。
408. I smelled a smell of cooking.我聞到了燒菜做飯的味道。
409. I want to see the film again.我真想再看一遍。
410. I've got too much work to do.我要做的工作太多了。
411. Let's go for a walk,shall we? 咱們出去走走,好嗎?
412. Please let me check the bill.請讓我核對一下帳單。
413. Plenty of sleep is healthful.充足的睡眠有益於健康。
414. The sun comes up in the east.太陽從東方升起。
415. This is because we feel pain.這是因為我們能感到疼痛。
416. What do you desire me to do? 你想要我做什麼?
417. What you said was quite true. 你所說的完全符合事實。
418. You can either stay or leave.你或者留下或者離開。
419. Your life is your own affair.你的生活是你自己的事。
420. All that glitters is not gold.發閃光的不全是黃金。
421. Are you going to have a party? 你要舉行聚會嗎?
422. Aren't you concerned about it? 難道你不擔心嗎?
423. Don't forget to keep in touch.別忘了保持聯繫。
424. He broke his words once again. 他又一次違背了諾言。
425. He is in his everyday clothes.他穿著平常的衣服。
426. He is taller than I by ahead.他比我高一頭。
427. He led them down the mountain.他帶他們下山。
428. He was trained to be a lawyer.他被培養成一名律師。
429. I am afraid that l have to go.我要走了。
430. I don't have any cash with me.我身上沒帶現金。
431. I have been putting on weight.我開始發胖了。
432. I have just finished the book.我剛剛讀完這本書。
433. I was late for work yesterday, 我昨天上班遲到了。
434. It appears to be a true story.這故事似乎是真的。
435. I've got to start working out.我必須開始做健身運動了。
436. Japan is to the east of China.日本在中國的東部。
437. John asked Grace to marry him, 約翰向格雷斯求婚。
438. My watch is faster than yours.我的表比你的表快。
439. New China was founded in l949. 1949年新中國成立。
440. Thanks for your flattering me.多謝你的誇獎。
441. They charged the fault on him.他們把過失歸咎於他。
442. This car is in good condition.這車性能很好。
443. This work itself is very easy.這件工作本身很容易。
444. Truth is the daughter of time.時間見真理